General Terms & Conditions – Kitesurfing Services
- All clients must sign the Company Liability release before receiving kite services.
- The participation in all kitesurfing activities is at the individual’s risk at all times.
- Any participants under the influence of alcohol/drugs prior to any booked activity will be banned from participating in the activity. No refund will be made.
- All clients have to wear life jackets and a safety helmet during all in water activities.
- Minors under the age of 18 years must have parental / guardian approval with a signature on the liability release and booking form.
- Services are paid in advance before receiving services. Lessons are held as soon as wind and tide make it possible – client has to follow the instructions of head instructor. Refunds will just be given in case of no wind days. In case client refuses to participate in lesson even if wind and tide were suitable refunds will not be given.
- Equipment losses / damage caused by the client will be charged to the client.
- Opening Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Cash payments are accepted in €, USD, Swiss Franc and Sri Lankan Rupee at daily bank exchange rates.
Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Agreement.
In consideration of permitting me, (name)……………………………………………. to book kiteboarding services and any related operations conducted through the facility of DD Kitetravel – Ruuk Village in the district of Puttalam and the state of Sri Lanka, beginning on the day of …………………….. for myself, my personal representatives and next of kind.
I hereby acknowledge that all forms of watersports are potentially dangerous activities and involve the risk of serious injury and or property damage. I understand that activities may be conducted at sites that are remote either by time, distance or both from medical facility.
I hereby release, waive, discharge and agree not to sue DD-Kitetravel – Ruuk Village (pvt) Ltd., its facilities or any officers, agents, or employees from all liability to myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, for any loss or damage and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to my person or property or resulting in my death / and any claim or demands therefore on account of participation whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
I hereby assume full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury / death or property damage, now and forever, arising out of related participation and or any other water sports operation whether foreseen of unforeseen and whether from caused by negligence of the releases or otherwise. I hereby separately agree to indemnify and save hold harmless the releases from any loss, liability, damage or causes that may incur now and forever, arising out of any related water sports operation, whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
I hereby acknowledge that injuries received may be compounded or increased by rescue operations or procedures of the released and agree that this waiver and release, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement extends to all acts of negligence by releases, including rescue operations and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the province or state in which the activities are conducted and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall not withstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I have read this waiver and release, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, I am aware of its legal consequences, and have signed it freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance, or guarantee being made to me and intend my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extend allowed by law. I have had the opportunity to personally discuss the potential dangers incidental to engaging in the activity of kite surfing offered by Kitesurfing Ruuk Village.
As a parent guardian, I am signing this document on behalf of my minor child (under 18 years) and agree to be specifically bound to all terms and conditions of this agreement. I have read this agreement, fully understand the terms herein, understand I have given up substantial right by signing it, I am aware of its legal consequences and have signed this document freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance or guarantee being made to me.